Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by forum <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/18 11:21:26 UTC

My Bayes don't score any spam

I am a student and testing SA for my project.
Thus, I change sub tokenize_line to produce an output that i want. Now my Bayes was learnt about 350 hams and 350 spams but it has only 650 tokens.

When I use spamassassin -t command to test my mail, Bayes was working properly. It give a spam score as i desire. When I try to send mails via outlook express, there are no score form Bayes.

Why it don't produce any score?
Is it because I've go too low amout of token?

Sorry for my poor english
Thanks

Re: My Bayes don't score any spam

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
forum wrote:
> I am a student and testing SA for my project.
> Thus, I change sub tokenize_line to produce an output that i want. Now
> my Bayes was learnt about 350 hams and 350 spams but it has only 650 tokens.
>
> When I use spamassassin -t command to test my mail, Bayes was working
> properly. It give a spam score as i desire. When I try to send mails via
> outlook express, there are no score form Bayes.
>
> Why it don't produce any score?
> Is it because I've go too low amout of token?

Yes.

I'm not sure how you got so few tokens from 700 emails, but SA requires a decent
number of tokens (2,000?) before it starts scanning.

I'd expect if you trained 700 messages you'd have at least 3,000 tokens, and
probably much more than that. I think you might have broken tokenize_line.

Try piping a message into spamassassin with debug output and you'll see some
information about why bayes is inactive.

spamassassin -D <sample-nonspam.txt