Posted to user@aries.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2012/05/14 14:17:17 UTC

PlatformTransactionManager Inconsistencies...

Is there any magic configuration that will allow the aries transaction
manager to expose itself as a PlatformTransactionManager consistently?
 I've been trying for a while now to nail that down, to no avail.  I'm
using ServiceMix and I've tried a step-by-step approach to figuring
out exactly which bit of configuration causes it to get messed up
(adding features one by one, etc.).  Just when I thought I had it (no
PTM listed when I did ls | grep Platform), I restarted and poof there
it is again!  Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?  If so, what
are you doing to get it to work consistently.  At this point, I'll be
happy with it disappearing consistently, as long as it behaves the
same way every time! :)

Thanks,

James

Re: PlatformTransactionManager Inconsistencies...

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
This is a really wild guess based on dim memories, but I would expect that making sure the appropriate spring bundle is started first before the tm bundle would make this work.  Maybe start levels would help.

I don't like the PTM being exposed in the regular bundle, I would really prefer it to be in a fragment bundle with a hard dependency on the spring class.

thanks
david jencks