Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2004/08/14 06:25:02 UTC

Preparation for 3.1.1 maintenance release

I am trying to pull together a 3.1.1 maintenance release of Torque.  I
will try and deal with any outstanding Scarab issues and as many of the
small fixes posted to the email lists as possible.

I see the following as essential:

   1. Fix the logging - one of the most commonly asked questions on the
      user list
   2. Fix the tutorial - another of the most commonly asked questions on
      the user list
   3. Make the Torque Maven Plugin easily available without having to
      build it from cvs

If you have other issues that you feel should be addressed for 3.1.1,
now is the time to raise them.  Preference will be given to issues that
have code attached and of these preference will be given to issues that
also have test cases.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Preparation for 3.1.1 maintenance release

Posted by Michael Hart <mi...@perceptek.com.au>.
For torque-gen-3.1.jar, removing the ", org.apache.torque.engine" from
the end of line 15 of log4j.properties stops the annoying errors that
many newbies complain about.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

>I am trying to pull together a 3.1.1 maintenance release of Torque.  I
>will try and deal with any outstanding Scarab issues and as many of the
>small fixes posted to the email lists as possible.

>I see the following as essential:

>   1. Fix the logging - one of the most commonly asked questions on the
>      user list
>   2. Fix the tutorial - another of the most commonly asked questions on
>      the user list
>   3. Make the Torque Maven Plugin easily available without having to
>      build it from cvs

>If you have other issues that you feel should be addressed for 3.1.1,
>now is the time to raise them.  Preference will be given to issues that
>have code attached and of these preference will be given to issues that
>also have test cases.

Big +1.

What exactly is the issue with Logging?

	Regards