Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Benedict, Keith (Digital)" <KB...@postmedia.com> on 2011/06/21 15:45:00 UTC

Solr 3.2.0 + Jetty 7.4.2

I'm attempting to work through the configuration for the home folder for solr running on a standalone jetty 7.4.2 setup, this is being used on a Mac OS X 10.6.7

I have this working currently under one condition and that is that I specify the system property when I start Jetty either in the terminal window manually or my configuration file for the launchd startup.

Essentially it is this line:  java -Dsolr.solr.home=/Library/Solr/Current -jar start.jar

This works but I would prefer to be able to configure this value in the application specific context, I seem to see a lot of reference to JNDI and then a lot of half answers to this configuration ( or I am missing the obvious...this is new and I have been scouring but could use a leg up here)

I'm sure there could be more detail, though most times I see people simply asking for the version of jetty and solr being used to confirm what should be done....let me know what else I might need to specify in order to get some help on this, in the mean time I'll keep playing with it.  Thanks

Keith