Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> on 2001/11/26 23:30:54 UTC

2.0.28 on AIX weirdness...

While building 2.0.28 binaries for AIX (using binbuild.sh modified to use the worker MPM),
ran into the following weirdness:

1. The parent starts but no children start

2. Much funkiness here...
- APR_FILE_BASED_SHM ??? AIX supports shared memory segments
- APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE & APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE? Should only be one.

bash-2.04# ./httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.28
Server built:   Nov 26 2001 16:57:44
Server's Module Magic Number: 20011002:0
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/worker"
 -D APR_FILE_BASED_SHM
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/home/wgs/apache/httpd-2_0_28/bindist"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/home/wgs/apache/httpd-2_0_28/bindist/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

I have no time to investigate right now but will try to look at this in detail tomorrow if
no one beats me to it.

Bill

Re: 2.0.28 on AIX weirdness...

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"Bill Stoddard" <bi...@wstoddard.com> writes:

> While building 2.0.28 binaries for AIX (using binbuild.sh modified to use the worker MPM),
> ran into the following weirdness:
>
> 1. The parent starts but no children start

hmmm... I haven't seen this, and I have run the 2.0.28 tarball on
AIX using worker.  Is there anything in your error_log?

I was using a pretty trimmed-down set of modules.  Maybe that is a key
difference.

> 2. Much funkiness here...
> - APR_FILE_BASED_SHM ??? AIX supports shared memory segments

First, there is a buglet in the setting of this symbol which I'll fix
shortly...  it shouldn't show up as APR_FILE_BASED_SHM on AIX.

beyond that, what *should* AIX use?

In my AIX build we're picking APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON (see include/apr.h)

> - APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE & APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE? Should only be one.

WAD; the first refers to the mechanism used for cross-process; the
second refers to the mechanism used for intra-process

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...