Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <ju...@redhat.com> on 2011/11/03 23:47:47 UTC

0.14 release update - release branch and beta

Good evening.  A little later than I promised, I have branched from trunk
for release and produced the 0.14 beta.

   Beta revision:     1197313
   Beta distribution: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.14-beta/
   Release branch:    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/0.14/

I did the same basic testing of the beta tarball that I did for the alpha,
with the same results.  Everything checks out, modulo the dubious
connection-close test in the java suite that we have discounted (for my
environment).

The first release candidate is set for two weeks from now.  Now that we've
branched, fixes to the release branch must first be reviewed by a peer and
approved by the release manager.  Ask on the list and I'll try to dispatch
requests quickly.  For more info on dates and policy, see the release page
linked below.

Thanks, everyone, for helping me get this in shape.  I really appreciate
it.

$standard_request_for_more_testing_feedback

Thanks,
Justin

---
0.14 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/014-release.html

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: cmake build broken? (was Re: 0.14 release update - release branch and beta)

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 11:20 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 11/03/2011 10:47 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> > Good evening.  A little later than I promised, I have branched from
> > trunk for release and produced the 0.14 beta.
> >
> > Beta revision: 1197313
> > Beta distribution: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.14-beta/
> > Release branch: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/0.14/
>
> The cmake build doesn't seem to work for me, using
> cmake-2.6.4-5.fc12.i686. I get lots of errors stating for
> set_target_properties[1], it reports it can't find PerlLibs[2] though
> the perl bindings built ok with autotools and the configuration is
> reported as incomplete due to errors[3].
>
> [1] set_target_properties called with incorrect number of arguments.
> [2] Could NOT find PerlLibs  (missing:  PERL_LIBRARY PERL_INCLUDE_PATH)
> [3] Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I think these are due to me/original submitter forgetting to add the new
cmake files in my recent check in. That is one of the least intuitive
things to remember.- that if you add new build files to cmake you have
to add them to the autotools build so they get added to the distribution
tgz.

Andrew

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by jr...@redhat.com.
On Fri, 4 Nov 2011, Gordon Sim wrote:

> On 11/03/2011 10:47 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Other than the cmake issue, seems fine to me (usual checks of tools, python
> tests, perftests & java-python-c++ examples against the c++ broker all worked
> fine for autotools build).

Thanks, Gordon.

> There are some very out of date release notes for c++ and python (citing 0.8
> release). Should have spotted those earlier. We seem to have this problem
> every release. Is there any point in having those files? Should we just
> delete them?

In my opinion, we should delete them.  I'm comfortable with the notion
that this information is maintained outside (but very near to) the
distribution itself.

Justin

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.