Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie> on 2006/01/31 18:08:36 UTC

trouble redeploying handlers

Hello,
I am having some trouble redeploying a handler .mar file in axis2. The
engine seems to have an old reference to the classes inside my module
and any changes i make are not being reflected when i repackage the
module and redeploy it. I am restarting the web server and it is still
referencing the older version of the classes!! Any ideas?

--
Brian Shields BSc. MSc.,
PhD Candidate,

Re: trouble redeploying handlers

Posted by iksrazal <ik...@gmail.com>.
I think I seen this a while back, and since then, what I do is simple but
effective: stop server, remove all mar's and aar's neccesary, re-start
server, stop server, reinstall, start server.

If that works, try writing a test case and filing a jira. Or reply to the list
- I'm working on axis2 handlers at the moment and I may be able to confirm
the behavior. (got other probelms at the moment ;-) ) .

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

Posted by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie>.
thanks guys, figured it out....silly mistake on my behalf. I had an old
classname referenced from the modules.xml file within the .mar file.
Still unusual behaviour though, surely i should have gotten a
ClassNotFoundException as the class being referred to was no longer on
the system!!
Brian.