Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Rui Silva <fl...@rduartes.net> on 2012/03/13 14:40:22 UTC

Portuguese postcode validator update

Hi Justin,

I made a couple of changes to your PostCodeValidator class in order for it
to "understand" Portuguese postcodes. I've also updated the unit tests to
include Portuguese postcode.

Do you want me to send in a patch or is it OK if I just commit the code to
your whiteboard?

I also wanted to ask you why do you use assertTrue instead of assertEquals
when comparing results against a constant? I prefer to use assertEquals
because the fail message is more descriptive, but you might have a very
good reason to use assertTrue. Just asking.

Thanks,
Rui

Re: Portuguese postcode validator update

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I made a couple of changes to your PostCodeValidator class in order for it
> to "understand" Portuguese postcodes.
Great send me the patches.

> Do you want me to send in a patch or is it OK if I just commit the code to
> your whiteboard?
And that is fine by me as well.

> I also wanted to ask you why do you use assertTrue instead of assertEquals
> when comparing results against a constant?
No reason at all (other than laziness or habit) feel free to change it.

Thanks,
Justin