Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2012/03/15 00:56:33 UTC

[DOWNLOAD] Switched the download service from "download.services.openoffice.org" to "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org"

Hi all,

as I don't know when exactly the shutdown will take place and I don't
know if I'm around to do the switch, I've done it now.

- http://download.services.openoffice.org/
+ http://openoffice.mirrorbrain.org/

This is to make sure we can continoue to deliver the OOo 3.3.0 and older
release bits for the short term. Until we have a secondary or - even
better - mid-term/long-term solution.

Again, thanks to Peter Poeml that we can use his service and for his
offer to take this into a permanent solution. :-)

For details please check the SVN post on the ooo-commits@ ML.

Marcus

Re: [DOWNLOAD] Switched the download service from "download.services.openoffice.org" to "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org"

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/16/2012 12:25 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 03/15/2012 02:01 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

>>> BTW:
>>> On the bottom of "http://www.openoffice.org/download/" you can see a
>>> banner logo with linkback to Mirrorbrain. This is there since, hm,
>>> 2-3 years maybe. But of course we can enhance this much more.
>>
>> I removed the links to legacy release candidates, betas and developer
>> builds. Their continued presence on the site will only confuse people.
>
> Of course a good idea do "hide" links to (now really) superflous
> releases. However, it would be better to comment them out to keep the
> functionality for the future.
>
> I will put them back but with comments, so that it will look like now
> --> blank and not available.
>
> You can still download the Beta and RC bits if you know how. I've an
> idea to get rid of them, too.
>
> Looks like a little todo for me for the weekend. :-)

Done

I've also updated some links (e.g., extensions.services.openoffice.org
--> extensions.openoffice.org) and reworked some text.

The webpages to download OOo 3.3.0 RC 10, OOO 3.4 Beta and developer
snapshot releases from DEV300 / OOO330 codelines are now just redirects
to the main download webpage.

Marcus

Posted by "C. J. Palmer" <cj...@charter.net>.
Please no more E-Mails

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Mar 14, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 03/15/2012 01:34 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> as I don't know when exactly the shutdown will take place and I don't know
>>> if I'm around to do the switch, I've done it now.
>>>
>>> - http://download.services.openoffice.org/
>>> + http://openoffice.mirrorbrain.org/
>>>
>>> This is to make sure we can continoue to deliver the OOo 3.3.0 and older
>>> release bits for the short term. Until we have a secondary or - even better
>>> - mid-term/long-term solution.
>>>
>>> Again, thanks to Peter Poeml that we can use his service and for his offer
>>> to take this into a permanent solution. :-)
>>>

>> This is great.
>>
>> I think we need to start thinking about a "Thanks" page on the
>> website.  Aside from direct volunteer efforts on the project,we're
>> starting to benefit from what I'd call "in kind" contributions from
>> 3rd parties, such as what we're seeing here,and with SourceForge.
>
> BTW:
> On the bottom of "http://www.openoffice.org/download/" you can see a banner logo with linkback to Mirrorbrain. This is there since, hm, 2-3 years maybe. But of course we can enhance this much more.

I removed the links to legacy release candidates, betas and developer builds. Their continued presence on the site will only confuse people.

I think that the "Release Schedule" link[1] needs some attention.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.