Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2011/04/10 22:21:42 UTC

DateTime changes

Dear all,

I think I am nearly done with my changes to Date, Time and DateTime.

Please note that I have added seconds to the Time class, there is a
new constructor to handle this. For some reason, though, if the string
parser is used, you can't specify "8:45:32" and get the seconds
parsed.. the HH:mm format seems to take precedence over the
HH:mm:ss format.

Aside from this, I have tried to introduce a "Defaults" class in the applib
and the (for the moment) in the SQL object store. This class provides
static access to the default jodatime DateTimeZone and
java.util.Calendar, for use with time zone conversions.
The Calendar is synchronised with the time zone, in the
setTimeZone(...) setter.

This is one step closer to being able to explicitly set the applib and the
datastore timezones (at the moment, they use UTC).

One issue that I'd like resolved: In the DateTime class, there several
methods of the form "startOfMonth()".
I am assuming that since there are 3 classes: Date, Time, and
DateTime, if you're using DateTime, you are using the Date *and*
Time portions (e.g. a scheduled meeting). Thus, these helper methods
*preserve the time portion* of the original DateTime.

Please can you confirm this?

Regards,
Kevin