Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by df...@oreillyauto.com on 2002/09/19 18:18:20 UTC

Install problems WAS3.5.5

Hello,
      I searched the archives, and google, and haven't found a good
explanation about how to go about getting Cocoon working in Websphere
3.5.x. I am close I think. I used the WAR file converter in the Admin
Console, but I get an exception during init of the Cocoon servlet:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Init parameter 'configuration' doesn't name
an existing resource : /web-inf/cocoon.xconf

I have tried different paths, I tried adding cocoon.xconf as a web
resource, I added the SimpleFileServlet. Doesn't seem to fix it.

I am considering modifying the servlet to use the real path instead of the
URI.

Anyone have any pointers or info that can help me out before I go
re-writting things? Thanks!

Dan Feather
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
dfeather@oreillyauto.com

Re: Install problems WAS3.5.5

Posted by Michael Zehrer <ze...@optimal-systems.de>.
Hi Dan,

add the path to cocoon.xconf (and logkit.xconf) as an servlet parameter,
try an relative path from the webapp directory. As WAS355 doesn't know
anything about WEB-INF directories, put the xconfs in the servlet
directory. So the parameter would be:

name: configurations
value: /../servlets/cocoon.xconf

It is generally a good idea to add all servlet parameters from web.xml
to the servlet... .-)

Contact me for more questions.

Cheers, Michael

Am Don, 2002-09-19 um 18.18 schrieb dfeather@oreillyauto.com:
> Hello,
>       I searched the archives, and google, and haven't found a good
> explanation about how to go about getting Cocoon working in Websphere
> 3.5.x. I am close I think. I used the WAR file converter in the Admin
> Console, but I get an exception during init of the Cocoon servlet:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Init parameter 'configuration' doesn't name
> an existing resource : /web-inf/cocoon.xconf
>
> I have tried different paths, I tried adding cocoon.xconf as a web
> resource, I added the SimpleFileServlet. Doesn't seem to fix it.
>
> I am considering modifying the servlet to use the real path instead of the
> URI.
>
> Anyone have any pointers or info that can help me out before I go
> re-writting things? Thanks!
>
> Dan Feather
> Sr. Programmer/Analyst
> dfeather@oreillyauto.com

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Zehrer

OPTIMAL SYSTEMS
Gesellschaft für innovative Computertechnologien mbH
Cicerostraße 26, 10709 Berlin
Tel.:   030 - 8 95 70 80
Fax:    030 - 8 95 70 88 88
E-Mail: zehrer@optimal-systems.de
Web:    www.optimal-systems.de, www.epa.de, www.optimal-AS.de

Re: Install problems WAS3.5.5

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
dfeather@oreillyauto.com wrote:
>       I searched the archives, and google, and haven't found a good
> explanation about how to go about getting Cocoon working in Websphere
> 3.5.x. I am close I think. I used the WAR file converter in the Admin
> Console, but I get an exception during init of the Cocoon servlet:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Init parameter 'configuration' doesn't name
> an existing resource : /web-inf/cocoon.xconf

In the Websphere 3.5 I have to use, the path entered
as value of the configuration parameter is appended
to the first "additional classpath" entry for the
servlet.

J.Pietschmann