Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Adeel Qureshi <ad...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/21 18:47:00 UTC

data import in 4.0

Hi I am trying to setup the data import handler with solr 4.0 and having
some unexpected problems. I have a multi-core setup and only one core needed
the dataimport handler so I have added the request handler to it and added
the lib imports in config file

<lib dir="../../dist/" regex="apache-solr-dataimporthandler-\d.*\.jar" />
<lib dir="../../dist/"
regex="apache-solr-dataimporthandler-extras-\d.*\.jar" />

for some reason this doesnt works .. it still keeps giving me ClassNoFound
error message so I moved the jars files to the shared lib folder and then
atleast I was able to see the admin screen with the dataimport plugin
loaded. But when I try to do the import its throwing this error message

INFO: Starting Full Import
Oct 21, 2011 11:35:41 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [DW] webapp=/solr path=/select params={command=status&qt=/dataimport}
status=0 QTime=0
Oct 21, 2011 11:35:41 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SolrWriter
readIndexerProperties
WARNING: Unable to read: dataimport.properties
Oct 21, 2011 11:35:41 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter
doFullImport
SEVERE: Full Import failed
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.solr.update.DeleteUpdateCommand:
method <init>()V not found
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SolrWriter.doDeleteAll(SolrWriter.java:193)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.cleanByQuery(DocBuilder.java:1012)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.execute(DocBuilder.java:183)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.doFullImport(DataImporter.java:335)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.runCmd(DataImporter.java:393)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter$1.run(DataImporter.java:374)
Oct 21, 2011 11:35:41 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SolrWriter
rollback
SEVERE: Exception while solr rollback.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.solr.update.RollbackUpdateCommand:
method <init>()V not found
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SolrWriter.rollback(SolrWriter.java:184)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.rollback(DocBuilder.java:249)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.doFullImport(DataImporter.java:340)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.runCmd(DataImporter.java:393)
    at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter$1.run(DataImporter.java:374)
Oct 21, 2011 11:35:43 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [DW] webapp=/solr path=/select params={command=status&qt=/dataimport}
status=0 QTime=0

Any ideas whats going on .. its complaining about a missing method in
dataimport classes which doesnt makes sense. Is this some kind of version
mismatch or what is going on.

I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks
Adeel

Re: data import in 4.0

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Two things:
1> Look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler, the
"interactive Development Mode" section. There's a page that helps you
debug this kind of thing. But I suspect your SQL is not correct. You
should be able to form a single SQL query that does what you want,
something like (and I haven't tested this and my SQL is rusty)
SELECT ID, Status, Title, last_name FROM project, person where
project.pi_pid = person.pid

2> please start a new thread when changing the subject, from
hossman's apache page:
"When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult."

See:http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack

Best
Erick