Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@rhoderunner.com> on 2001/04/18 06:08:35 UTC

indicating mandatory input fields in html form?

Is there a recommended method for indicating a required field in an html
input form?

I know I can just type an asterisk in, but isn't there a better way?

Thanks.
Phillip

Re: indicating mandatory input fields in html form?

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
Phillip,

    Just keep in mind that some users may be color-blind.
Using an asterisk or some other method of making the string itself look
different will solve that.
As craig mentioned, whatever you choose, it is a good idea to let the user
know what the change means.

    Pete

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.