Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul <pa...@nines.org> on 2011/08/27 00:00:33 UTC

auto suggestion with text_en field

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find it...

I've got a fairly simple index, and I'm searching on a field of type
text_en, and the results are good: I search for "computer" and I get
back hits for "computer", "computation", "computational", "computing".

I also want to create an auto suggestion drop down, so I did a query
using the field as a facet, and I get back a good, but literal, set of
suggestions. For instance, one of the suggestions is "comput", which
does actually match what I want it to, but it is ugly, since it isn't
actually a word.

As I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure what word I would like it to
return in this situation, so I'm asking how others have handled this
situation. Is it illogical to have auto complete on a text_en field?
Do I have to pick one or the other?

Thanks,