Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2018/07/28 19:09:43 UTC

Any macOS users around who can test groovyConsole on JDK10?

I don't have access to macOS at the moment. If anyone does and can spare a
few moments to run groovyConsole from the CI server snapshots:

http://ci.groovy-lang.org/repository/download/Groovy_Jdk8Build_PlusSnapshotDeploy/51518:id/target/distributions/apache-groovy-binary-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

It would be great to see if the quick hack I did for GROOVY-8718 works. It
should work (at least in theory if I have understood the suggested changes
correctly) for JDK8, 10 and 11 snapshot releases.

If anyone knows a better way to do this, please feel free to back out my
change and do something else:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/commit/5e026fd46

Thanks for any feedback,

Cheers, Paul.

Re: Any macOS users around who can test groovyConsole on JDK10?

Posted by Jesper Steen Møller <je...@selskabet.org>.
I couldn't get the URL (no login), but I tried the tip of master on Java 9 and 10, and the console started with both, using ./gradlew console from the repo root.

Both threw a strange syntax error on start:
> Task :groovy-console:console
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/Users/jesper/Hobby/groovy/target/libs/groovy-raw-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script15328103085531776841111.groovy: 1: Unexpected input: '"' @ line 1, column 1.
   "
   ^

1 error

        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:311)

but the console worked just fine after that.

-Jesper