Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com> on 2001/09/05 13:43:59 UTC

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer: make sure the needed classes can be found in the classpath
> (org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaison)

I'm trying to just set up Cocoon with Tomcat, no Apache yet.  I've symlinked the
necessary .jar files to the Tomcat /lib directory reather than doing a copy as per
README, could this be part of the problem?  I also noticed that the xalan.jar that
comes from Sun is more recent than the one shipped with the Cocoon package.  I've
tried both, same problem.  Tomcat works fine.  Suggestions?

Thanks - Tod

---

java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)

Cocoon-1.8
Tomcat 3.2.3