Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr> on 2016/01/22 21:55:11 UTC

A few comments on mod_proxy_hc

Hi,

My 2 cents on mod_proxy_hc:

1) around line 278:

I think that a:
     template->hcexpr = NULL;
is missing.

2) line 363
     r->protocol = (char*)"HTTP/1.1";
This is just fine for me, but r->protocol is not const.
Other places uses apr_pstrdup for that. (around line 617 and 637 of
protocol.c for example)
These other places could, IMHO, avoid the apr_pstrdup. And "struct
request_rec...protocol" could be marked as const.

3) A '{' seems to be missing in the following line, in doc:
    ProxyHCExpr gdown %{REQUEST_STATUS} =~ /^[5]/}
                      ^
                      |______

4) Should we really add a ProxyHCTemplate directive?
I understand that it is convenient, but:
    - why limit it to HC?
    - couldn't the same goal be achieved with mod_macro? Syntax would be
different, but the mechanism would be more generic.

CJ

Re: A few comments on mod_proxy_hc

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
> On Jan 22, 2016, at 3:55 PM, Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> My 2 cents on mod_proxy_hc:
>

> 1) around line 278:
>
> I think that a:
>    template->hcexpr = NULL;
> is missing.

Thx.

> 2) line 363
>    r->protocol = (char*)"HTTP/1.1";
> This is just fine for me, but r->protocol is not const.
> Other places uses apr_pstrdup for that. (around line 617 and 637 of protocol.c for example)
> These other places could, IMHO, avoid the apr_pstrdup. And "struct request_rec...protocol" could be marked as const.

The thing is, we never really use it :)

> 3) A '{' seems to be missing in the following line, in doc:
>   ProxyHCExpr gdown %{REQUEST_STATUS} =~ /^[5]/}
>                     ^
>                     |______

Thx!

> 4) Should we really add a ProxyHCTemplate directive?
> I understand that it is convenient, but:
>   - why limit it to HC?
>   - couldn't the same goal be achieved with mod_macro? Syntax would be different, but the mechanism would be more generic.

I guess... I'm not married to it one way or another :)

THX!