Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by ssatguru <ss...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/30 15:06:46 UTC

camel salesforce component add support for lookup field

I am thinking of adding support for lookup fields.

see
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/camel-salesforce-component-support-for-lookup-field-td5784097.html
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/camel-salesforce-component-support-for-lookup-field-td5784097.html>

I have a working implementation which we are currently using at our company.

The support is similar to support for picklist fields.

Similar to the way the camel salesforce maven plugin generates Enum classes
for picklist fields this change generates "lookup" classes for each of the
lookup fields.

I am thinking of adding this to 2.17.3 and 2.18.

Let me know what you think and the best way to proceed with this.

Re: camel salesforce component add support for lookup field

Posted by ssatguru <ss...@gmail.com>.
Have added a JIRA for this

"add support for lookup field using an sObject external id"

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-10193>

Re: camel salesforce component add support for lookup field

Posted by ssatguru <ss...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I saw that.
Thanks for the time  fix.

Re: camel salesforce component add support for lookup field

Posted by arno noordover <an...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Only be aware of a difference in version 2.18.0 en 2.17.3.
In 2.18.0 we switched from JodaTime to the java 8 ZonedDateTime.
It might be that the changes cannot be backported as is to 2.17.3.

Re: camel salesforce component add support for lookup field

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah we love contributions
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:06 PM, ssatguru <ss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of adding support for lookup fields.
>
> see
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/camel-salesforce-component-support-for-lookup-field-td5784097.html
> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/camel-salesforce-component-support-for-lookup-field-td5784097.html>
>
> I have a working implementation which we are currently using at our company.
>
> The support is similar to support for picklist fields.
>
> Similar to the way the camel salesforce maven plugin generates Enum classes
> for picklist fields this change generates "lookup" classes for each of the
> lookup fields.
>
> I am thinking of adding this to 2.17.3 and 2.18.
>
> Let me know what you think and the best way to proceed with this.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus