Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/02/12 14:28:04 UTC

Eclipse Update Site Stuff

Hi all,

just to prove once again how clueless I am when it comes to Eclipse,
are we following the practices layed out here

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasing-eclipse-update-site.html

?

Looking at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi it seems to
point to a fixed, non-mirrored location for the updatesite.

Stefan

Re: Eclipse Update Site Stuff

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-02-12, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> wrote:

> On jeudi 12 février 2009 14:28:04 Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Hi all,

>> just to prove once again how clueless I am when it comes to Eclipse,
>> are we following the practices layed out here

>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasing-eclipse-update-site.html

>> ?

> Yes I did followed thoses guidelines, and actually they helped me a lot
> setting this up.

Great, thanks!

> How does it work: the fixed location of the updatesite is the location a user
> give to Eclipse. Then Eclipse will retrieve the site.xml:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/site.xml

> Based on that site.xml, Eclipse will look into the mirror URL defined there,
> which is:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/eclipse-update--xml.cgi

> And finally every real artifact, digest.zip, jars, etc... will be pickuped form
> the mirrors.

I'm glad it works 8-)

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
On jeudi 12 février 2009 14:28:04 Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to prove once again how clueless I am when it comes to Eclipse,
> are we following the practices layed out here
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasing-eclipse-update-site.html
>
> ?
>
> Looking at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi it seems to
> point to a fixed, non-mirrored location for the updatesite.

Yes I did followed thoses guidelines, and actually they helped me a lot
setting this up.
How does it work: the fixed location of the updatesite is the location a user
give to Eclipse. Then Eclipse will retrieve the site.xml:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/site.xml

Based on that site.xml, Eclipse will look into the mirror URL defined there,
which is:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/eclipse-update--xml.cgi

And finally every real artifact, digest.zip, jars, etc... will be pickuped form
the mirrors.

Nicolas