Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Some user <se...@mailinator.com> on 2008/02/27 04:44:15 UTC

ActiveMQ and JNDI/LDAP

What is the format required to configure the ConnectionFactory and
Destinations(Queues) in LDAP such that my client code can use them.

Sun uses something like:

dn: cn=queueNameBlah,ou=JMSObjects,o=makonetworks.com
objectClass: top
objectClass: javaContainer
objectClass: javaObject
objectClass: javaNamingReference
javaClassName: com.sun.messaging.Queue
javaFactory: com.sun.messaging.naming.AdministeredObjectFactory
javaReferenceAddress: #0#version#3.0
javaReferenceAddress: #1#readOnly#false
javaReferenceAddress: #2#imqDestinationName#nz1Queue
javaReferenceAddress: #3#imqDestinationDescription#A Description
cn: queueNameBlah

I see ActiveMQ has documented format for Broker information,
http://activemq.apache.org/ldap-broker-discovery-mechanism.html. But I can't
see any for ConnectionFactory or Queues.

How can I achieve this with ActiveMQ? If it matters, I'm using OpenLDAP.

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: ActiveMQ and JNDI/LDAP

Posted by dev0 <de...@gmail.com>.

Some user wrote:

> I want to be able to do this:
>
> ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
> ctx.lookup("cn=QueueConnectionFactory, ou=JMSObjects");
> :
> :
> I need to know the ActiveMQ specific attributes for storing an ActiveMQ
> ConnectionFactory and Queue in LDAP.

Have you figured out how to do this with LDAP yet ? I too am only familiar
with achieving it through jndi.properties and the ugly within-the-class
property access.

Re: ActiveMQ and JNDI/LDAP

Posted by Some user <se...@mailinator.com>.
I want to be able to do this:

ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
ctx.lookup("cn=QueueConnectionFactory, ou=JMSObjects");

Where ctx is an InitalContext backed by an ldap directory.

i.e. I store in LDAP what ConnectionFactory class to use (ActiveMQs)

Then I can further ask for a queue:

Queue q = (Queue)ctx.lookup("cn=queueName, ou=JMSObjects");

i.e. so I can configure my entire JMS setup via LDAP/JNDI.

This is an Oracle howto:
http://biemond.blogspot.com/2008/02/jndi-connections-lookup-with-rmi-and.html
- note the screenshots showing the connection factory setup.

Re: ActiveMQ and JNDI/LDAP

Posted by Some user <se...@mailinator.com>.
In fact, here is a better explanation:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/jms_ch2/index.html?page=3

Re: ActiveMQ and JNDI/LDAP

Posted by tpounds <tr...@gmail.com>.
I'm not familiar with what you are trying to achieve in your example. Is
there some documentation on the Sun implementation that you are trying to
model? The broker LDAP configuration is used to provide management of large
broker topologies remotely.