Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/12 22:06:44 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate NuttX as TLP

Hi all,

As this [DISCUSS] thread has quieted down for quite some days now,
shall we have a [VOTE] thread or does anyone have additional thoughts
to share?

I'll wait another 72 hours before beginning a [VOTE] thread to give a
chance to anyone who would like to speak up. Now's the time!!

Cheers,
Nathan

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

This thread has stalled for a while, so let's get back on track!

When we last discussed Graduation to TLP, we concluded that these items remain:

1. We need to review our STATUS file and fix any missing items:
https://incubator.apache.org/projects/nuttx.html

2. Ensure Mentors and IPMC have no remaining issues.

3. Prepare our Resolution to form a TLP (to be brought before the ASF
board for approval).

Can we start with the first one: Please help review (and fix) the STATUS file...

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate NuttX as TLP

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 6:55 AM 张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's first make sure we have done all the things in the check list?
>
> Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com> 于2022年7月13日周三 19:40写道:
>
> > It would be nice to hear from the mentors or anyone from the IPMC.

We still need to:

(1) Fill in the STATUS file:
https://incubator.apache.org/projects/nuttx.html which is basically
put our project website link, copy-and-paste our incubator board
reports, etc.

(2) Prepare our Resolution (to be brought before the board for approval).

(3) Ensure Mentors and IPMC have no remaining issues, which I think we
will do by voting in the NuttX PPMC and then bringing the vote to the
Incubator IPMC.

I think we did pretty much everything else:

We ensured suitable names for project name and product names.

We demonstrated ability to create Apache releases and made 8 releases total.

We demonstrated community readiness by bringing all communications to
the NuttX mailing list and GitHub, from the previous venues (Google
groups, etc), growing the committer base, growing the PPMC, and having
active and productive development. We have disagreements in a
friendly, respectful, and productive manner and things are proceeding
smoothly.

We know our destination is to Top Level Project (TLP).

So we just need to do the three items above... Can our mentors think
of anything else we are missing?

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate NuttX as TLP