Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> on 2014/11/15 01:55:38 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Toolchains Plugin 1.1 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven
Toolchains Plugin, version 1.1

The Toolchains Plugins allows to share configuration across plugins. For
example to make sure the plugins like compiler, surefire, javadoc, webstart
etc. all use the same JDK for execution.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-toolchains-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-toolchains-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.1</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Apache Maven Toolchains Plugin - Version 1.1

Bug
* [MTOOLCHAINS-6] Cannot create custom toolchain type

Improvement
* [MTOOLCHAINS-11] Double check toolchain type to protect against core bug
MNG-5716
* [MTOOLCHAINS-10] Improve plugin output
* [MTOOLCHAINS-1] Document how to create new toolchains

Task
* [MTOOLCHAINS-9] Upgrade to Maven 2.2.1 compatiblity
* [MTOOLCHAINS-8] improve code and javadoc
* [MTOOLCHAINS-7] add an IT to check that the plugin works as expected
* [MTOOLCHAINS-4] use maven-plugin-tools' java 5 annotations

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Toolchains Plugin 1.1 Released

Posted by he...@free.fr.
no, there is no feature like this: in general, toolchains configuration is static

in your case, using a variable like this makes the configuration ambiguous, since the jdk 1.6 and 1.7 point to the same location: I'm not sur it's a good idea.
But perhaps it can be useful to others.

We are working on toolchains enhancements for next Maven version [1]
Please open a Jira issue to track the feature request and discussion about doing it or not

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3891

Posted by Bruce Albrecht <br...@zuhause.org>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
ok, last time, I added it in the wrong location, then it was removed during
next site publication

I just added the file in the right place [1]

it won't disappear any more :)

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://svn.apache.org/r1639847