Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2021/06/28 21:44:56 UTC

Working on Refresh of openoffice.apache.org

Hi -

I’ve created a feature branch of the project website at https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/tree/preview/refresh

I’ve updated it to use the ASF Pelican features as developed for the CMS Migration of www.apache.org and ten project websites just being completed.

One feature that returns is {#elementid} and permalink support.

Intermediate results are here: https://openoffice-refresh.staged.apache.org

I plan to swap from left navigation to top navigation next along with other enhancements.

Feel free to contribute page updates, new pages, and content removals via changes to the ‘feature/refresh’ branch.

I would prefer to discuss your ideas for css, javascript, and layout changes in this thread although I’m going to “Just Do It".

Infra has documentation that starts here: https://infra.apache.org/asf-pelican-gettingstarted.html

Here we are working on a preview branch: https://infra.apache.org/asf-pelican-branches.html

But ask here on this thread as I’ve now worked on 15 pelican websites.

All The Best,
Dave

Re: Working on Refresh of openoffice.apache.org

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Dave,

Am 28.06.21 um 23:44 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi -
>
> I’ve created a feature branch of the project website at https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/tree/preview/refresh
Thank you for the ongoing work!

> I’ve updated it to use the ASF Pelican features as developed for the CMS Migration of www.apache.org and ten project websites just being completed.
>
> One feature that returns is {#elementid} and permalink support.
>
> Intermediate results are here: https://openoffice-refresh.staged.apache.org
>
> I plan to swap from left navigation to top navigation next along with other enhancements.

I am not sure how top navigation would look like (menubar)? But I will
have a look when it is in feature/refresh.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Top Post.

I’ve created a table of the site pages, menu items, and internal footer links.

https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/preview/refresh/PAGES.md

There is commentary for some of the pages.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

The refresh is now completed and merged into the main branch.

I’ll be working on text describing the websites. The README.md is already changed.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave,

I think it looks great!

I've tested mobile with Firefox's developer tools and my iPhone 11 with
Firefox and that looks great too.

Thanks for your work on this!

Best regards,
Carl

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
I like the look at https://openoffice-refresh.staged.apache.org/. Please review.

There were numerous tweaks needed. The current site did not catch the rename of volunteer@ to recruitment@.

Unless there are objections I plan to squash & merge after I get the mobile view better.

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 9:35 PM, Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Top again.
>
> There is now a top navigation menu on https://openoffice-refresh.staged.apache.org/
>
> To dos:
>
> - Color matching with logo and navigation bar.

Done

> - AOO logo as svg.

Staying with PNG

> - Mobile display scale.