Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Will <to...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/24 10:26:44 UTC

[m2] does mvn install ignore finalName?

I configured the finalname in the pom to something
like this:
<finelName>abc<finalName>

After mvn install there is a file with the name
abc.jar in the target folder, as expected.
But in the maven repository the filename still has the
form <artifactid>-<version>.jar, the <finalName> seems
to be ignored.

Is there a way to have a custom filename like abc.jar
in the repository, or would this violate basic maven2
concepts?

Tom

Re: [m2] does mvn install ignore finalName?

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.
Such files (abc.jar) should be uploaded using assembly plugin, which can
attach another artifact to the instlal phase.
I guess the standard jar is always deployed, to be available for
dependency...

Denis.