Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2014/09/13 12:41:56 UTC

[FlexJS] Should charts use Fill and Stroke

Right now the chart package uses simple uint properties for fills and line strokes. I'm wondering if the charts should use IFill and IStroke now.

Btw: using the core.graphics package makes a huge difference to the chart package and to me, because it makes things a lot easier.

Peter

Re: [FlexJS] Should charts use Fill and Stroke

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
OK, great. I have been experimenting with graphics with large numbers of
points to see how well a lot of <svg> elements works on the Javascript
side. Ran into some internal charting thing that is giving me multiple
curves, so I have to track that down. I think we'll probably wind up with
a package of chart elements that work for a reasonable number of points
that is also interactive (because the items are each UIBase'd) and another
package (yet to be written) that is more for larger point bases that is
less dynamic but has better performance and uses a single (or fewer) <svg>
elements and uses the GraphicsContainer drawing functions. But that's just
an idea Alex and I kicked around for the future - always some tradeoffs.

--peter

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.