Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/04/17 12:41:04 UTC

[C2]: Status of caching

Hi there,

I just finished(!?) the caching implementation: The whole response can
now be cached, if all components are cacheable.
I made the FOPSerializer cacheable and the speed performance for the
simple fop examples is really very fast.
Just turn on the CachingEventPipeline and the CachingStreamPipeline
in the cocoon.xconf and watch the difference!

I think we have (nearly) a final caching implementation for going beta.
We should leave Stefano's efficiency algorithm for a later release.
I will clean up the code in the next days a bit and we should perhaps
add more cacheable components.

Carsten

Re: [C2]: Status of caching

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just finished(!?) the caching implementation: The whole response can
> now be cached, if all components are cacheable.
> I made the FOPSerializer cacheable and the speed performance for the
> simple fop examples is really very fast.
> Just turn on the CachingEventPipeline and the CachingStreamPipeline
> in the cocoon.xconf and watch the difference!

Great work :)

> I think we have (nearly) a final caching implementation for going beta.
> We should leave Stefano's efficiency algorithm for a later release.

+1

> I will clean up the code in the next days a bit and we should perhaps
> add more cacheable components.

Cool. I need another day or two to finish sitemap level CA .

Giacomo