Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2015/07/08 20:33:29 UTC

wss4j, opensaml, osgi...

Colm,

How important is:
https://github.com/apache/wss4j/commit/db62465adc686be9d51b99ae9e0eaf8bb60ed1ad

The main reason I ask is because the opensaml OSGi bundle doesn’t export the net.shibboleth packages.  Thus, with that change, wss4j won’t load into OSGi.   I can update the opensaml bundle to export it, but that release isn’t likely imminent unless I push for it.   I just need to know how to proceed.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: wss4j, opensaml, osgi...

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

It's not that important really. The fix was made to support the older
use-case of being able to marshall a SAML Assertion with passing null for
the Document, e.g.:

Element samlAssertion = samlAssertion.toDOM(null);

The test I added as part of that commit fails with a NPE in OpenSAML if you
don't pass a Document.

I think ideally we should get a new bundle to export the shibboleth
package, but if it's too much hassle I will just revert the change in WSS4J?

Colm.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> Colm,
>
> How important is:
>
> https://github.com/apache/wss4j/commit/db62465adc686be9d51b99ae9e0eaf8bb60ed1ad
>
> The main reason I ask is because the opensaml OSGi bundle doesn’t export
> the net.shibboleth packages.  Thus, with that change, wss4j won’t load into
> OSGi.   I can update the opensaml bundle to export it, but that release
> isn’t likely imminent unless I push for it.   I just need to know how to
> proceed.
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Colm O hEigeartaigh