Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by YOUNG OH <oh...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/02 17:54:51 UTC

Re: need theme testers and input on new theme

Hi Josh,

I just tested the new Theme in my test environment and it is great!!!. I
got impressed a lot about it. The new Theme looks great and is well
organized by functions. I haven't test all the menus but now I have two
comments about the new Theme.

1. I am not sure but I think the user name and logout were misaligned (I've
attached a screen shot). The logout is next to language selection now.

2. When I click "Documents", it automatically forwards to the VCL wiki. So,
I have to use the Browser's back button to back to the VCL site.  I think
if the reservation menu is shown for this, it would be great.

And again, the new Theme is great and I really like it.

Thanks,
Young

Posted by YOUNG OH <oh...@gmail.com>.
Josh,

Thanks for all the explanation :-).

Yes, that's what I am thinking. That would be great because we can avoid
having the error message whenever we click the Browser's back button.

Thanks,
Young

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: need theme testers and input on new theme

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: need theme testers and input on new theme

Posted by YOUNG OH <oh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Young,

Thanks for having a look and for providing feedback!

I intentionally put the name block in the upper right part of the screen due
to using Bootstrap's responsive layout (responsive layouts handle varying
screen widths, mainly for mobile devices).  If the screen width is reduced
enough, all of the menu gets collapsed into a hidden menu with the typical 3
horizontal bars allowing it to be displayed.  For the screen width slightly
wider than when it collapses, there isn't enough room to fit the name block
on the menu line.  You can see the changes by dragging the side of your
browser window to resize it.  There are some options on this that I'd like to
get feedback on from you and others:

1) leave it as it currently is
2) put it on the menu line except for the screen width range where it
wouldn't fit
3) move the logout link next to the name block
4) other ideas?

For your second concern, are you talking about the "Documentation" link?  The
idea for that is to take you to a site that provides documentation on how to

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: need theme testers and input on new theme

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu