Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Evert-Jan van Tuijl <jt...@pironet-ndh.com> on 2002/01/25 11:08:21 UTC

torque and tablespaces

hi

i'm using the latest torque with oracle and db2.

Wenn creating tables I'd like to specify the tablespace(s) in which I want
the data.
Up till now I've just adjusted the Velocity templates, but that isn't
flexible enough.

Does somebody have solutions / ideas for this problem?

My own thoughts, but that need some enhancements to torque:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
"http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd">
<database>
indexSpace="indexSpaceY" lobSpace="lobSpaceZ">
		<column name="c1" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
		<column name="c2" type="CLOB"/>
		<index name="TestIndex">
			<index-column name="c1"/>
</database>

... that will generate in Oracle something like the following. DB2 is even
easier.

CREATE TABLE TestTable (
c1 INTEGER,
c2 CLOB
)
LOB (c2) STORE AS (TABLESPACE lobSpaceZ DISABLE STORAGE IN ROW)
TABLESPACE dataSpaceX;

CREATE INDEX TestIndex ON TestTable (c1) TABLESPACE indexSpaceY;

PostGres and sequences.

Posted by stewart titan <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi

I've gone through the tutorial -> copied it exactly.

I'm using Postgres and having trouble with it
generating sequences for the primarykeys, in that it
doesn't seem to.

When its inserting the publisher record, it throws a
exception with the message:

ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not null
attribute publisher_id

I presume its done automatically?

I've seen previously a load of messages on the mailing
list archives - but i can't find them now...

Thanks for any help

Stewart