Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by mehdi soleimani <ms...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/10 17:43:01 UTC

Building openoffice on Mac OSX

Hi,

I've started to build aoo in Mac but after spending a whole day of trying to overcome the problems I gave up! :)

I use GNU gcc 4. First I used this command to configure :

./configure --enable-ccache-skip --with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz  --disable-gtk

using this command and GNU gcc4 arises an error when configuring:

checking if hash_map will be in __gnu_cxx namespace... configure: error: Can't find hash_map. Try with --with-stlport

I believe hash_map libraries are ok when using gcc4.2. To solve this issue I've added --with-stlport and configure script did finish. Later in building phase ( build --all) it stops stating that --with-stlport=yes is not supported on Mac OS X. I even added --with-stlport=no as building option but this time it stops stating that solenv module needs to be rebuilt.

I tried to build solenv alone and building finishes without error. Is there any thing that I'm missing? Any suggestion?

Re: Building openoffice on Mac OSX

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Juergen
I've also had the same problems as below and usually end up building on Linux, but have not done that in a while.

thanks
louis

Posted by mehdi soleimani <ms...@gmail.com>.
Today I tried to build AOO using gcc4.2. I commented out all gcc version checking in configuration file.
This time while building I got another error. You may see it below.

Compiling: soltools/mkdepend/collectdircontent.cxx
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-long-double"
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxmacxi.pro/obj/collectdircontent.obj'
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/mehdisoleimani/Documents/aoo-3.4.1/main/soltools/mkdepend

Looks like python is built with -Wno-long-double option or sth and gcc4.2 does not recognize this option. That's what I found out searching.  I even tried building python 2.6.1 again. No luck!
@Juergen have you encountered this error before?

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mehdi soleimani <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.