Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Richard Schilling <rs...@nationalinformatics.net> on 2003/07/23 01:20:58 UTC

incompatible epapinit.c file error

Running into an error when I try to start apache.  It seems that I have
an older version of epapinit.c installed, but I can't seem to find an
HTML::Embperl distribution that provides a more current one.  I'm
building the latest CVS codebase.

Here's the error:

# ../bin/apachectl start
httpd: module "epapinit.c" is not compatible with this version of
Apache (found 19990320, need 20020903).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Richard Schilling

Re: incompatible epapinit.c file error

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Running into an error when I try to start apache.  It seems that I have
> an older version of epapinit.c installed, but I can't seem to find an
> HTML::Embperl distribution that provides a more current one.  I'm
> building the latest CVS codebase.
>
> Here's the error:
>
> # ../bin/apachectl start
> httpd: module "epapinit.c" is not compatible with this version of
> Apache (found 19990320, need 20020903).
> Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

That means that you load Embperl into Apache version, that you not have it
build for. For exampel you have build for Apache 1.3, and try to load it into
Apache 2.x.

Looks like your are loading an old EMbperl.so (maybe simple the wrong one).
Make sure you load the Embperl.so file you just build.

Gerald

Re: incompatible epapinit.c file error

Posted by Cameron McBride <ca...@cwru.edu>.
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 08:54:53PM -0700, Richard Schilling wrote:
> httpd-2.0.47

you mentioned building HTML::Embperl.  You don't mean a 1.x version of
Embperl, do you?  If you do - I do not think they work with any of the
2.x versions of apache.

Cameron

Re: incompatible epapinit.c file error

Posted by Richard Schilling <rs...@nationalinformatics.net>.