Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jay Malaluan <ex...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/05 04:34:16 UTC

Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits inquiry

Hi,

As I was reading the post "Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits: TopDocCollector
slowing....", I just got curious on how he explained his change from Hits to
TopDocCollector. I'm assuming that the Hits is returned from a call of:
Searcher searcher = new Searcher();
searcher.search(xxx, xxx) - that will return a Hits object

I was searching the javadoc API (2.3 and 2.4) and didn't found any method
that returns TopDocCollector object from a searcher.search(xxx, xxx) call.

Would be a great help is someone can expound this. I might be able to use
this in future implementation.

Regards,
Jay Joel Malaluan

Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits inquiry

Posted by Jay Malaluan <ex...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for pointing me to the API. I found the explanation I'm looking for
at:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/core/index.html?org/apache/lucene/search/Hits.html

There's an example on how to use the TopDocCollector instead of Hits.

Regards,
Jay Joel Malaluan

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.