Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2012/05/10 02:09:43 UTC

Yay for reviews

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I really appreciate what you are doing
> and the time it must take to do it

+1

I'd add that it's become easier to view the Incubator from a project
perspective, as these meta-reviews sharpen the focus on what problems
incubation is supposed to solve and help us to assess how well we are doing.
The community development goals are becoming better defined as Jukka leads the
way on articulating them and we develop and refine our techniques for building
healthy projects.

I guess the community development checkboxes were always there in the
Incubator documentation, but for the most part our documentation is more like
a reference manual (with lots of meandering and redundancy -- see
<http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html) than a tutorial or
curriculum.

Marvin Humphrey