Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Can Le <le...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/29 17:50:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Missing Mod_Access

Please help

  My httpd.conf doesn't have Mod_Access. Is this cause internal error ?

  I recently get failure notice from email server. This is a test with a question.

  Thank you

  Can Le

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [users@httpd] Missing Mod_Access

Posted by Can Le <le...@yahoo.com>.
Sander Temme,

  You are the skilled person in the art of Apache.

  After I changed html code "<p>" by  "\n", the header error is gone.
  My C++  script were running OK in both IE and Firefox if I only have "cout"  for  printing outputs.

  Therefore I had a popup windows which asked me to download my test1.exe  file in CGI-BIN folder when I only used Firefox, not IE. I had no error  on exe file when I added "cout " to print two lines below:

// #!C:\Perl\bin\per
  / /use CGI;

So my question is what is the proper HTTP header to run my test1.exe in Firefox?

  Thank you for your helps.

  Can Le

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
Can Le,

On Jan 1, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Can Le wrote:

> Happy New Year to Sander Temme

Thank you, happy new year to you too (and to all readers of
users@httpd).

> I do not have problem when I run my test.exe in Internet Explorer,
> however, Firefox gave me these errors and asked me to down load
> file test.exe, but Firefox did not run it on console:

The two browsers were written by different groups of programmers, and
may respond differently under certain conditions.

> logs/error: [Mon Jan 01 16:58:04 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
> malformed header from //script. Bad /header=<p>: testlcd83c.exe,
> referer: http://localhost/cgi-bin/test1.cgi

So, your problem is with a CGI, not with a module.  This error
message suggests that your testlcd83.exe (?) program writes HTML code
to the browser without sending a proper HTTP header.  A properly
formatted response has a set of HTTP headers, followed by the HTML
code.  These are separated by a blank line.  If no headers are
present, Apache thinks the HTML code your program writes (<p>) is
intended to be a header, and will consider that invalid.

I am not sure what Apache does in such a situation, but the fact that
you get the expected response in Explorer does suggest that the HTML
code gets written to the browser, and it does not generate an error
response.

As I said before, there are differences between various browsers.  I
have the impression that Explorer does more inspection of the data
that comes from the server, and makes its own decision on how to
display it.  It looks like Firefox expects the (requisite) Content-
type HTTP header, and in absence thereof offers to download the file.

> logs/access: 127.0.0.1 - - [01/Jan/2007:17:01:41 -0600] "GET /cgi-
> bin/test1.exe HTTP/1.1" //200 190

This access log line does not correspond to the error log line you
posted above: it has a different time and a different request
(test1.exe vs. testlcd83c.exe). However, you can see that a 200 (OK)
response was generated.

> I did not reboost my windows XP Home and Apache2, but I restarted
> httpd.conf whenever I changed any line.
>
> Please tell me what should I have for:
>   LoadModule,

The requests you describe above seem to be CGI requests, and CGI
programs are loaded from the file system.  They are not loaded
through a LoadModule directive.

> or
> default type,
> or <meta http-equiv=.... >
>  or  :
> application/octet
> or
> text/html

A CGI program is responsible for the entire response, including
headers.   Apache does not add a Content-type header to the CGI
output.  Your program has to take care of that.

Regards,

Sander

Posted by Can Le <le...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
Can Le,

Posted by Can Le <le...@yahoo.com>.
Thank Sander Temme

  I checked my httpd.conf and I am having mod_authz_host.so.

Can Le

  Sander Temme
  Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org> wrote:
  mod_access was renamed in httpd 2.2. Please refer to:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html

Its new name is mod_authz_host.

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Dec 29, 2006, at 8:50 AM, Can Le wrote:

> Please help
>
> My httpd.conf doesn't have Mod_Access. Is this cause internal error ?

mod_access was renamed in httpd 2.2. Please refer to:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html

Its new name is mod_authz_host.

> I recently get failure notice from email server. This is a test
> with a question.

S.