Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike <mi...@sentryhost.com> on 2002/09/09 05:09:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems getting suexec to work

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with suexec.  The first one being that
it is not really logging.  So since it is not logging I can't get
information about my bigger problem.  I set-up a virtual site using the user
and group directive.  Then I made sure that the directory was owned by that
user and group.   So when I try to access the site I get 403 Forbidden.  So
I go to look in the suexec_log file and the file is not there, so I search
my entire drive for it, and its not there.  So what I did was I created the
file in the same place that it was on my other server and made it writeable
by everyone. I rebooted the server and then tried to access my site a few
times and then looked at the log again and it was empty.  So when I woke up
this morning I found this in the log which I have no idea what generated
these:

[2002-09-07 22:44:56]: alert: too few arguments
[2002-09-07 22:58:56]: alert: too few arguments

It still logs nothing about the 403 Forbidden error.  Or why this page isn't
section and then change ownership of the directory to nobody the page works
fine.  However when I try to make the site use suexec it just keeps giving
me 403 Forbidden.  I have tried recompiling apache, tried installing from an
RPM and nothing is working.  Here is information about my set-up.

Redhat 7.2
Apache 1.3.26

VirtualHost section from httpd.conf

<VirtualHost IP.ADDRESS:80>
       ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
       DocumentRoot /home/user/public_html
       ServerName www.domain.com
       User user
       Group user
       CustomLog /var/log/domainlogs/domain.com combined
       ErrorLog /var/log/domainlogs/domain.com-error_log
       ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

Error:

Forbidden

----

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.domain.com Port 80

Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mike