Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by ski n <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/02 14:14:33 UTC

Re: [EXT] Re: NiFi 2.0 Roadmap

"a Flow Registry that can hold extensions and we can then make nifi 2.0
fundamentally about distributing nifi as a kernel (small as possible) and
all extensions come from a flow registry on demand. "

Nice! Great to hear NiFi as an extensible platform. I would see that the
NiFi Registry is linked to a repository. Where one is the official
repository and another for community. At this repo/library people can
public put Processors/Services/Templates/Extensions. Browsing/Installing
should be similar to an app store (Jenkins does this nicely and also
Node-Red Library https://flows.nodered.org).

Another thing that I would like to see is that for developing/testing you
don't need to leave NiFi. For example directly code/debug
(codemirror/ace/monaco) and unit test it with input/output of a flowfile
for a specific processor.

Also a thing is making the GUI more responsive (rendering) and comfortable
(like undo). Most big features are already on Confluence:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/NiFi+Feature+Proposals

Raymond

Op vr 14 jun. 2019 om 22:59 schreef Peter Wicks (pwicks) <pwicks@micron.com

Re: [EXT] Re: NiFi 2.0 Roadmap

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ryan

No specific developments for a 2.0 push right now.  There is still so
much progress being made without breaking any major eggs that we've just
kept moving ahead.  However, it is likely that once we have a clear path to
split out nars from the core framework that we should really dive into
this.  We have no choice but to not grow our convenience binary at this
point.

Thanks

Re: [EXT] Re: NiFi 2.0 Roadmap

Posted by Ryan Hendrickson <ry...@gmail.com>.