Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by AM...@aol.com on 2002/08/09 00:17:40 UTC

Tomcat not encrypting connection

HI

I have just followed the Tomcat SSL HOWTO and I am able to get my
https://localhost:443/ page. I then right-click on my mouse to get up the
page properties;

Protocol:            Hyper Text Transfer With Privacy
Type:                 HTML Document
Connection:        Not Encrypted
Address(URL):    https://localhost:443/index.html
Size:                  2572 bytes

but it says the page is not encrypted why does this happen? should it not
state some sought of encryption like 128 bit?

I also tried the Apache + mod_ssl HOWTO and I do get an encrypted connection
which says the following;

Connection:    TLS 1.0, RC4 with 128 bit encryption (High); RSA with 1024 bit
exchange

I have apache 1.3.26 (Linux box) + mod_jk + Tomcat 4.04 (Windows box)

The Tomcat server in my environment handles login forms processes them and
then puts the user to their homepage. I wish to encrypt this login process. I
don't think I need to use apache +mod_ssl to do any connection encryption
because the login form is sent to the Tomcat server.

I cannot figure out what I am missing? Can anyone help please?

Thanxs in Advance