Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Baurzhan Muftakhidinov <ba...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/12 10:11:58 UTC

Fwd: Warning from l10n@openoffice.apache.org

Hello,

Could these messages be stopped?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <l1...@openoffice.apache.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Subject: Warning from l10n@openoffice.apache.org
To: baurthefirst@gmail.com

l10n@openoffice.apache.org mailing list.

at l10n-owner@openoffice.apache.org.

Messages to you from the l10n mailing list seem to
message I received.

I will remove your address from the l10n mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the l10n mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send a short message to:
   <l1...@openoffice.apache.org>

send a short message to:
   <l1...@openoffice.apache.org>

Here are the message numbers:

   4294

Date: 2 Jun 2014 05:50:39 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@apache.org
To: l10n-return-4294-@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: failure notice

Re: Fwd: Warning from l10n@openoffice.apache.org

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Pedro Albuquerque <
palbuquerque73@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em 12/06/2014 15:45, Isch escreveu:
> > Hello,
> >
> > all is said in the mail. You got the mail becouse the list cannot
> > reach you.
> > Why?
> > Ask your providor why the domain .>org< cannot reach you or
> > AYP why the subdomain >apache< cannot reach you or
> > AYP why the name openoffice cannot reach you or
> > unsubscribe, e-mail: l10n-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org or
> > live with it.
> >
> OK, what if I receive emails normally and still get this message?
> AFAIK, my provider didn't block anything or I wouldn't be answering to
> you, right?
> Regards,
> Pedro.

Yeah, I get these from other apache lists too.  Just occasional messages
don't get through, like one out of a hundred or so.

Don

Re: Fwd: Warning from l10n@openoffice.apache.org

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isch <ch...@web.de>.
Hello,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Baurzhan Muftakhidinov wrote:
> Could these messages be stopped? ...
> Messages to you from the l10n mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing.

This is a known issue. It doesn't necessarily mean what it says, since
indeed we had false alarms. All Apache mailing lists were reconfigured
to avoid this issue, that originated from a policy change at Yahoo and
apparently results in warning messages being sent to other (non-Yahoo)
subscribers too.

There is some coverage at
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/dmarc_filtering_on_lists_that
but to all of you who see this recurring in future: if you have no
reasons to believe that the message is correct (i.e., if your e-mail
address did NOT have problems) please send a note to the list so that we
(together with Apache Infra) can investigate if something is still broken.

Regards,
   Andrea.