Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/15 03:10:26 UTC

jmeter gui

i was just wondering if any of the jmeter folks have considered migrating to
a swt interface, and if so, what are the conclusions?

thanks

Re: jmeter gui

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I'm not a huge SWT fan because it requires separate installations on
each OS, removing most of the advantages of a write-once run anywhere
app.  I doubt the long-term advantages of SWT vs Swing - in other words,
I think SWT's advantages in performance and footprint are likely to be
short-lived, as Swing will likely catch up, and it is basically good
enough already.  Look and feel concerns do not concern me in the least -
I couldn't care less. And spending time rewriting the GUI means not
spending time doing something truly interesting.

-Mike

Re: jmeter gui

Posted by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter gui