Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ht...@karsites.net on 2006/01/30 16:09:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Compiling apache 2 modules

Hi everyone.

I'm messing around with SSL trying to compile apache 2.0.55
with all modules including mod_ssl as dso's.

I use the following command to configure; all modules apart
from mod_ssl are built into the server.

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2-0-55-SSL
--enable-mods-shared=all --enable-mods-shared=ssl
--with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl

The above is all on one line.

How do I get the other modules to compile as dso's, and
not as static?

TIA

Keith

In practice they are not.

Re: [users@httpd] Compiling apache 2 modules

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.
Thanks Boysenberry.

Got it working now with:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2-0-55-SSL
--with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl --enable-ssl=shared
--enable-mods-shared=all

Appaprently, ssl is one of several modules that are not
included in the --enable-mods-shared=all option, and have to
be enabled explicitly.

On one attempt I tried --enable-ssl-shared, which configure
did not complain about, neither did it enable mod_ssl either.

Keith

In practice they are not.

Posted by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com>.
This is what I used: