Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mohit Aron <ar...@cs.rice.edu> on 1998/12/28 01:30:00 UTC

Re: mod_cgi/543: "%2F" not allowed in VGI script PATH_INFO

The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/543; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mohit Aron <ar...@cs.rice.edu>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_cgi/543: "%2F" not allowed in VGI script PATH_INFO
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 18:21:58 -0600 (CST)

 Hi,
 	I have already posted this as incident 3589. Please look that up
 to see what I  want to say on this issue.

 I manage the Dienst software at Rice Univ. I'm willing to live with a
 somewhat slower Apache that also performs access checks after unescaping
 the URL. Can this be provided as a configuration option in the next release
 of Apache. Of course the correct behavior would be to do all access checks
 after unescaping the URL.

 - Mohit