Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Manuel Gonzalo <go...@strands.com> on 2010/11/26 18:56:57 UTC

Newbie question on distributed writes onto SolrCloud

Hi all,

while investigating SolrCloud for our distributed search needs  I can't seem to find the means to perform distributed writes/updates ... Distributed access to data is available but from what I understood each node has to be accessed independently in order to write/update a value.

Is this so or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel Gonzalo
Software Engineer

http://recommender.strands.com

Re: Newbie question on distributed writes onto SolrCloud

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
I'm not a solr developer, merely someone who has thought about
implementing some of this stuff one day.

Were I to attempt it, I'd dive in to the existing code that is used to
implement the distributed search. Look at the interfaces that are used,
work out how it manages http requests, etc. Then come up with a
ShardingStrategy interface, and build an initial implementation of that
that follows the patterns I saw when looking at the distributed search
code.

But as I say, I'm not a solr developer at this point, and am happy for
others to chime in with better ideas.

Upayavira

Posted by Manuel Gonzalo <go...@strands.com>.
Thanks for your answer.