Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Daniel Chisholm <da...@attbi.com> on 2002/04/23 02:22:56 UTC

Searching for JAR files with J2SDK 1.4

Anybody attempting to run Axis with J2SDK 1.4 will need to set the Java system property java.endorsed.dirs.

"Note: The system property java.endorsed.dirs specifies one
or more directories where the Java runtime environment searches
for JAR files. You must set this system property only when
running J2EE SDK 1.3.x on the J2SDK 1.4."

The above quote was copied from the following link.

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/wsj2ee/

Unfortunately, I did not see a similar comment in the Apache documentation.  Certainly, it wasn't in the installation instructions.

I set the java.endorsed.dirs system variable in the %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\setclasspath.bat file.  Of course, UNIX users should use setclasspath.sh