Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Cadman, Andrew (Contractor)" <An...@eu.odedodea.edu> on 2004/06/16 14:03:25 UTC

Exit problem using mod_perl 1.99 apache 2.049

Hi

I am a mod_perl newbie so apologies if I am missing something obvious here.

I am converted some perl scripts and packages into mod-perl using apache
2.049 and mod_perl 1.99 running on Linux RedHat 9.

Generally, as the scripts were well written few errors were reported and
these have been dealt with. None of the logs files: - the virtual host log,
apache general error log or /tmp.db.out (using the Apache::DB in startup.pl)
report any errors. However I get this strange error on the termination of
every single html page returned by my scripts.

OK

to complete your request.

So the server is returning a 200 OK message but then returns an error? Ive
looked on online resources but cannot see this exact error being reported
elsewhere.
None of the scripts have exit() statements which would seem an obvious
source for problems on exiting a script.
I reproduce my apache directives as below:

PerlSetEnv PERLDB_OPTS "NonStop=1 LineInfo=/tmp/db.out AutoTrace=1 frame=2"
  PerlRequire /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl
  PerlModule Apache::DB
  PerlModule Apache::StatINC
  #PerlInitHandler Apache::StatINC
  <Location /perl>
    PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
    PerlSendHeader On
#comment this out in production
#PerlSetVar StatINCDebug On
  </Location>

many thanks for any help you can give.

Andrew Cadman

Re: Exit problem using mod_perl 1.99 apache 2.049

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Andrew, please read the following guidelines for bug reporting and try again.
Thanks.

http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

(1.99_xx == 2.0)

Re: Exit problem using mod_perl 1.99 apache 2.049

Posted by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>.
On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 02:03:25PM +0200, Cadman, Andrew (Contractor) wrote:
> Generally, as the scripts were well written few errors were reported and
> these have been dealt with. None of the logs files: - the virtual host log,
> apache general error log or /tmp.db.out (using the Apache::DB in startup.pl)
> report any errors. However I get this strange error on the termination of
> every single html page returned by my scripts.

Hi Andrew,

Are you sure that you're looking at the right error log? I would suspect
that the apache error log should have some details about this. The error
looks like it may be a permissions problem. Do you use suexec to run
your scripts? That can generate these mysterious errors. Have you
checked the suexec log?

If that doesn't help, try filing a more complete report[1]. In regards
to your httpd.conf directives, you may want to replace Apache::STATInc
with Apache::Reload. I'm not sure whether this applies to mp2 but it's
definitely recommended for mp1.

Good luck,
William

[1] http://perl.apache.org/bugs/index.html