Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 07:56:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Roadmap

Hi all,

I'd like to start a discussion wrt the roadmap for Apache Joshua going forward.
At the moment we're still a bit stuck with the process out of the
Incubator but, while I assume we can work on that relatively quick
now, I think we should define a few goals for us to reach for a next
release.

I personally see the following:
- replace Perl scripts with Java components, I think this should grant
better end to end testing, also it'd be easier to hook in more
pre/post processing tools
- reduce resource requirements when using language packs (e.g. allow
off heap memory loading, more compact LPs, etc.)
- improve documentation about using Joshua as a standalone component
(script / server)
- improve documentation about using Joshua as a library (from Java applications)

Regards,
Tommaso

Fwd: [DISCUSS] - Roadmap

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
forwarding to the incubator list as I'm not sure if everyone's still
subscribed to the "new" one.