Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com> on 2012/09/19 02:42:12 UTC

More than one RM in YARN?

Hey Guys,

Is anyone running more than one RM on a YARN cluster (backed by ZK)? We're looking at this, and I want to know if there's a standard way to do it. Are people doing round robin DNS, load balancers, etc? Is it possible to configure node managers to have a list of RMs rather than a single one?

Thanks!
Chris

Re: More than one RM in YARN?

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

It's still WIP at this time as Harsh said, though the design of YARN
takes into account ZK failover of RM.

--
OZAWA Tsuyoshi

Re: More than one RM in YARN?