Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by TianYi Zhu <tz...@pureprofile.com> on 2014/09/03 08:09:33 UTC

Leader became -1 and no ISR for all topics/patitions

Hi all,

I'm running kafka 0.8.1.1, and encountering a weird problem.
All my partitions' leader became -1 some day, and the ISR became empty, for
example

Topic:infinity  PartitionCount:12       ReplicationFactor:2     Configs:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 0    Leader: -1      Replicas: 0,1   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 1    Leader: -1      Replicas: 1,0   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 2    Leader: -1      Replicas: 0,1   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 3    Leader: -1      Replicas: 1,0   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 4    Leader: -1      Replicas: 0,1   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 5    Leader: -1      Replicas: 1,0   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 6    Leader: -1      Replicas: 0,1   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 7    Leader: -1      Replicas: 1,0   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 8    Leader: -1      Replicas: 0,1   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 9    Leader: -1      Replicas: 1,0   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 10   Leader: -1      Replicas: 0,1   Isr:
        Topic: infinity Partition: 11   Leader: -1      Replicas: 1,0   Isr:

However, my high level producers and consumers are still working.
Should I run kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh at this stage? Or should I
restart the server in the cluster one by one?

There's no errors in the log file.
TianYi ZHU

Re: Leader became -1 and no ISR for all topics/patitions

Posted by TianYi Zhu <tz...@pureprofile.com>.
No I think, as the high level producer and consumer are still working.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Was there any data loss?

Posted by TianYi Zhu <tz...@pureprofile.com>.
No log in the recent 7 days.