Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/04 07:32:16 UTC

HACKING vulnerability is SpringBoot (Java) for apache kafka

Hi Kafka Experts

Regarding the recent threat of vulnerability in spring framework ,
CVE-2022-22965 vulnerability is SpringBoot (Java) for apache kafka and
Zookeeper. Could one of you suggest how Apache kafka and zk are impacted
and what should be the ideal fix for this .

Vulnerability in the Spring Framework (CVE-2022-22965) | Information
Security Office (berkeley.edu)
<https://security.berkeley.edu/news/vulnerability-spring-framework-cve-2022-22965>

Critical alert – Spring4Shell RCE (CVE-2022-22965 in Spring) | Acunetix
<https://www.acunetix.com/blog/web-security-zone/critical-alert-spring4shell-rce-cve-2022-22965-in-spring/>

Thanks in advance

Re: Consumer Lag-Apache_kafka_JMX metrics

Posted by Richard Bosch <ri...@axual.com>.
Hi,

I don't think that the Kafka Broker exposes the current lag as a metric.
It's the reason most of those intermediate tools, like Kafka Exporter,
exist.
The lag information is available to the client itself, but that is based on
the received topic metadata and can be out of date.

Kind regards,

Richard Bosch

Developer Advocate

Axual BV

https://axual.com/

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Sunil ,Peter Raph and Richard for your kind inputs.Much
appreciated.

Posted by sunil chaudhari <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Bukowinski <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: HACKING vulnerability is SpringBoot (Java) for apache kafka

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.
Dear Luke , Thank you for your kind and prompt response.

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.