Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adrian Jenzer <a....@herzogdemeuron.com> on 2016/05/03 13:30:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Setup combined logs for HTTPS

Hi all

I'm running an ownCloud server on CentOS 7.2 with Apache 2.4.6.40.el7.centos.
In /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log I get the entrys as common log format.
I would like to enable logging for Browser and OS too, so combined log format.
How can I achieve this? I tried adding CustomLog "logs/ssl_access_log" combined but this seems not working after restarting Apache. (See below):

[root@share ~]# less /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
<IfModule log_config_module>
    #
    # The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
    # a CustomLog directive (see below).
    #
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined

    <IfModule logio_module>
      # You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
      LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %I %O" combinedio
    </IfModule>

    #
    # The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
    # If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
    # container, they will be logged here.  Contrariwise, if you *do*
    # define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
    # logged therein and *not* in this file.
    #
    #CustomLog "logs/access_log" common

    #
    # If you prefer a logfile with access, agent, and referer information
    # (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
    #
    CustomLog "logs/access_log" combined
    CustomLog "logs/ssl_access_log" combined
</IfModule>

Regards
Adrian