Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Fowler <da...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/26 04:43:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 & Security

I read in a comment @ php.net that Apache 2 supports running Vhosts under
different users, is this true?

I run apache and would like to make my file system more secure, i.e making
it so that files in on users directorys(UserA for example) cannot be altered
by another users scripts(UserB) (PHP) because the scripts are run under the
username of the webserver which has access to a & b's files

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 & Security

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 03:43:23AM +0000, David Fowler wrote:
> I read in a comment @ php.net that Apache 2 supports running Vhosts under
> different users, is this true?
>
> I run apache and would like to make my file system more secure, i.e making
> it so that files in on users directorys(UserA for example) cannot be
> altered by another users scripts(UserB) (PHP) because the scripts are run
> under the username of the webserver which has access to a & b's files

The perchild MPM does it, but it is still not production ready
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/perchild.html

Cheers

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.x mod_ssl- how to test?

Posted by Jim Sheffer <ji...@blueworld.com>.
yes, a typo.  sorry.
jim

[users@httpd] SSL all of a sudden is not working...

Posted by Alex Pilson <al...@flagshipinteractive.com>.
Apache 1.3.27 OS X...

I had set up a domain with Mod SSL and it has worked fine for sometime...

Now trying to access via. https://secure..thedomain.com the browser
does not find it.

Trying http://secure..thedomain.com:443 the browser finds it but I
get a browser error attempting to load site...

What could have been tripped up? Where should I look? thanks.
--
<--------------------------------------------------------------->
     Alex Pilson

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.x mod_ssl- how to test?

Posted by Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com>.

Posted by Jim Sheffer <ji...@blueworld.com>.
I'm trying to get mod_ssl to work, but to no avail.
I have a valid cert and everyhting seems to be set up correctly, but
when I add the following and restart, Apache won't start.  It says it
is starting, but none of the websites are accessable.

I have the following in my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/httpd/libssl.so
AddModule mod_ssl.c

<VirtualHost 192.147.175.21>
DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents/integrated
ServerName secure. integrated.net
CustomLog /Library/WebServer/Documents/integrated/logs/access_log common
SSLEngine on
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/ca.txt
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/cert/secure_ integrated_net.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/cert/integratedkey.key
</VirtualHost>

Thanks!
Jim